Scrap Yard Manager
We are seeking qualified candidates for a Scrap Yard Manager position at our Nitro, West Virginia facility. The manager in this position will perform a variety of functions that will include, but not limited to, oversee ferrous and non-ferrous operations at the facility, supervision of ferrous and non-ferrous employees, grading scrap from both peddlers and industrial accounts, oversee the buildings and grounds, security of facilities, and interact with customers. The manager will report directly to the facility manager. We offer an excellent benefits package along with competitive compensation.
- Grade incoming material
- Supervise and train all employees including participating in hiring, corrective actions, performance reviews and terminations as appropriate
- Coordinate inbound and outbound traffic
- Administer the safety policy in accordance with OSHA standards, maintain a safe work environment
- Maintain quality of scrap being shipped
- Monitor inventories
- Ability to grade scrap materials
- Good supervisory skills
- Problem-solving capabilities
- Leadership ability
- Experience with excavators, material handling equipment, etc.
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
If you possess these qualifications, submit your resume or apply in person at West Virginia Cashin Recyclables, 1 Pickens Road, Nitro, WV.